From discussions with Owen Scott at DG - it would be helpful for:
- all codelists to be versioned and retained at that versioned point
- changes in codelists that are owned by another authority should occur immediately (as the guidance on upgrades currently states), but this should also lead to a minor version increase in the IATI Standard. This would be optional for publishers to use, but preferable, in order to make it clear when a codelist change has been incorporated into a publishers' processes.
The use case would be:
- NC - Newcountry - becomes a recognised code under ISO-3166-1 alpha-2
- The IATI Standard codelist is updated
- The IATI Standard version increases to 1.03.02
- User of IATI data knows that data refres to codelists under version 1.03.02.