New Policy Markers have been published by the OECD DAC:
http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/dacandcrscodelists.htm (last updated - April 2014 - Marker tab. The retrieved file is also attached)
The new Policy Markers are:
- Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH)
(NB: Spelling mistake is in the original source list from OECD DAC)
These specific markers have their own set of Significance codes, which are separate to other Markers:
- 4 Explicit primary objective
- 3 Most, but not all of the funding is targeted to the objective
- 2 Half of the funding is targeted to the objective
- 1 At least a quarter of the funding is targeted to the objective
- 0 Negligible or no funding is targeted to RMNCH activities/results. RMNCH is not an objective of the project/programme
(blank) not screened
In IATI, the Policy Marker and Policy Significance codelists are "embedded", so changes and additions to these need to be considered within the change control cycle.
Proposal could be to append the new Policy Marker codes to the existing list, but create an additional Policy Significance list. The challenge would then be as to how to guide usage.
Suggestions and proposals welcome
(Original discussion thread on IATI Technical discussion: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/iati-technical/8cd8vvmaYiU)