This provides a thematic summary and contents list of the proposed content for Version 2.01
- Strengthening the core of the standard
- Reporting Organisation
- IATI Identifier
- Participating Organisation
- Activity Date
- Additional mandatory conditions
- Language neutral code lists
- A consistent approach to multi-lingual names, descriptions and free text.
- A consistent approach to organisation identifiers
- DAC-derived organisation identifiers
- Government departments and public agencies
- Bring general guidance into standard rules
- Units of aid
- Multi-level reporting
- Reporting of financial values omitted through exclusions and thresholds.
- Improvements to the Organisation Standard
- Replicate more activity-level elements at transaction level
Thanks Bill - please do submit the proposal. Feel free to split it into two parts if you support the aggregated financial balances subject to exclusions/thresholds.
Just a few of points of clarification on specific exclusions:
1) Many publishers will not be able to publish this (in a similar way to not being able to publish other parts of the standard). That doesn't mean we should make it impossible to publish this information in a standard-compliant way for those that want to do so.
2) Both global and specific exclusions exist; we should find a better way to deal with both.
3) If exclusions could easily be deanonymised and thereby counter the intended effect of an exclusion then those activities should not be published at all. This is no different from the current situation.