There has been a wide ranging discussion on changes to organisation and identifiers. Part of this has taken place in Section 1 (Strengthening the Core), part in this section (OECD DAC Identifiers) and part on the Technical Advisory Group mailing list.
A new section (9. Organisation and Activity Identifiers) has been added to draw this work together in one place. Please do not use this space.
IATI organisation identifier methodology splits identifiers into two parts: a registration agency and a registration identifier. IATI maintains (and continues to build) a code list of registration agencies. The registration identifier is issued and maintained by the agency.To standardise identifiers derived from OECD DAC donor, agency and channel of delivery codes it is proposed that:
- The OECD DAC is recognised as a registration agency with code XM-DAC.
- (All agencies are prefixed with ISO country codes: the XM indicates a multilateral/international agency)
- DAC donor codes should be adopted.
- IATI at the outset substituted DAC donor codes with ISO country codes. This should be corrected.
- The government of the United Kingdom (as a donor) is currently represented as "GB". This should now change to XM-DAC-12
- DAC agency codes should be modified to be consistent with donor codes.
- UK DFID is currently referenced in IATI as "GB-1". This should now change to XM-DAC-12-1
- DAC delivery channel codes should be prefixed with the DAC agency code.
- UNDP is currently referenced in IATI as "41114". This should now change to XM-DAC-41114
- for discussion go to http://support.iatistandard.org/entries/41042267-Modify-DAC-derived-organisation-identifiers
- We have mapped existing organisation identifiers that will need to change in version 2.01 against a set of proposed new identifiers. - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11TiOakHaaTI1mcK7aMg-0T9QLdH9CbAXllUHi4i1nSU/edit#gid=0
For technical details about implementing this proposal go to: https://github.com/IATI/IATI-Extra-Documentation/issues/67