This is part of the formal proposal that makes up the third iteration of the Version 2.01 Upgrade process.
Add recipient-country to document-link
- In order for organisation-level documents to be classified by country it is proposed to:
- Create a document-link/recipient-country element
- To inherit properties from iati-activity/recipient-country
- To allow multiple countries to be reported per document-link
- For discussion go to http://support.iatistandard.org/entries/78420356-Org-Add-recipient-country-to-document-link
Create budget-line element
- A number of publishers have requested the facility to add granularity to organisation-level budgets.
- It is therefore proposed to add a new complex element for use as a nested sub-element in reporting budget breakdowns within:
- To achieve this it is proposed to:
- Create a budget-line element
- Create budget-line/@ref as a reporting organisation reference for the budget line
- Create budget-line/narrative for a description of the budget line (repeated for multiple languages)
- Create budget-line/value inherited from the existing iati-activity/transaction/value element
- budget-line should be used in addition to total-budget/value, recipient-org-budget/value and/or recipient-country-budget/value. NB that it does not replace the existing reporting guidelines
- For discussion go to http://support.iatistandard.org/entries/77259793-Org-Create-budget-line-element
Replace iati-identifier with organisation
- In the current organisation standard the iati-identifier element identifies an organisation whereas in the activity standard it identifies an activity. This is confusing.
- We propose replacing the iati-identifier element with an organisation-identifier element.
- For discussion go to http://support.iatistandard.org/entries/78421626-Org-Replace-iati-identifier-with-organisation
Tightening up on version
Up until now the need for publishers to accurately report the version of the standard that they are using has not been of great importance as all current versions are backwardly compatible. With an integer upgrade this is not the case and it becomes critical for consumers of IATI data to know which version they are processing. It is therefore proposed that:
- iati-organisations/@version is MANDATORY
- iati-organisation/@version should be DELETED
- The value of @version MUST be on the (new to 2.01) version codelist
- for discussion go to http://support.iatistandard.org/entries/57866638-Tightening-up-on-v...
For technical details about implementing this proposal go to: https://github.com/IATI/IATI-Schemas/issues/95